Illuminated Journaling: Time to Stop Worrying & New Workshop


"Who can add a single hour to his life by being anxious?" Matt 6:27

Well it's not for a lack of trying on my part! For the past few years, it feels like I haven't had a single day where my "to do" list needs fewer than 25 hours to be accomplished. I bet you have days like that too...there is just too much "do" and not enough day!

And on top of that - I start worrying about HOW I'm going to get it done and WHAT the consequences are going to be when I don't. After all, that's what RESPONSIBLE people do right? We focus on getting the "tasks" done.

Ahh - but God says His wisdom confounds the wise.

When you don't have time to get everything done, God says "stop and come tarry with me for an hour."

When everyone is looking to you to solve their problem, God says, "Let me show you what to do."

When you look at your list and say "there's no way!" God says, "I am within her, she will not fail."

When you would say, "I can't go to bed, I have too much to do." God says, "Come unto me all who are weary and I will give you rest."

When you look down the path that you must walk and are afraid of what is around the next curve, God says "Let not your heart be troubled - neither let it be afraid for I am with you!"

I want God's kind of wisdom...His way works....my way is just a lot of WORK and WORRY...and that doesn't add even one hour to my day!

Supplies: watercolor, Prismacolor pencils, Pitt pens, Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass for background


Pre-Register Here!


I am having the best time working on the lessons for my newest Illuminated Journaling Workshop: Words in the Word. This self-paced workshop will cover lots of tips and techniques for adding a variety of lettering styles to your Bible Journal entries. We'll cover basic hand lettering, spicing up your handwriting, using stamps and stickers as well as imitating your favorite fonts. Learn how to make your Words pop and add impact to your entire page. The Workshop will start April 12th, but if you Pre-Register you can save a little bit. I have also added some Workshop Bundles so you can catch up on any classes you have missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series